Sporting Khalsa vs Wellington FC

West Midlands Regional League


Sporting Khalsa


  • Marvin Nisbett - 1 goal(s)
  • Lee Wherton - 1 goal(s)
  • Brad Lawley - 1 goal(s)
  • Nicky Campbell - 2 goal(s)

Wellington FC


25th October 2014 | 3:00 pm
Aspray Arena


Nicky Campbell – brace helped Khalsa on their way.

Sporting Khalsa kept pace with league frontrunners Bridgnorth with a routine 5-1 win over Wellington. Goals from Lee Wherton, Brad Lawley, Marvin Nisbett and a Nicky Campbell brace were enough to see off the visitors from Herefordshire, ensuring a fifth straight win for Khalsa.

Khalsa fired the first warning shot within 120 seconds as a probing cross by Mensah Kinch eluded the attention of everyone in a crowded box, striking the post and falling to Craig Bannister who might have done better.

But the opening goal would come on 20 minutes when a long-rang effort by captain Wherton took a cruel deflection past Chris Mancui in the Wellington goal. Campbell doubled the lead soon afterwards, excellent work down the left by Nisbett saw his cross converted in style.

Bannister surged forward on 35 minutes, breaking the offside trap and lashing a shot which needed the intervention of Ben Thomas to stop it hitting the net. And with seconds on the clock in the first half, Campbell was denied by a good save from Mancui.

The second half saw more of the same with Khalsa carving out the best of the chances.

Wellington had a rare excursion forward on 53 minutes, Ben Fisher forcing a good save from Khalsa keeper James Pemberton.

Khalsa’s third arrived on 58 minutes when a Tim Jackson corner was steered goalwards by Jamie Oliver and Nisbett poked home in the melee of the six yard box.

Oliver might have joined the goalscorers list ten minutes later when he picked up the ball in defence, dribbled forward and unleashed a piledriver which bounced back off the bar from 25 yards.

Campbell grabbed his second on 75 minutes with a great turn and shot from just inside the area, to make it 4-0.

With ten minutes to go, Wellington grabbed one back when Aaron Morgan fired home on the break before Lawley nabbed a goal in stoppage time to make it 5-1.